Welcome to Svastha Pregnancy Yoga
Pregnancy yoga classes will support you physically and emotionally as you journey through one of the most joyous times of a woman’s life. As you prepare to bring new life into the world, your body will go through many changes - our pregnancy yoga classes will teach you the skills to help you move through these times of change with grace and poise, and support you throughout your pregnancy, during labour & birth and in the many years of motherhood to come.
Taught by caring, experienced teachers of the highest standard, we promote a nurturing environment and sense of community in our classes. This is a safe space where you can connect with other expectant mothers, share your concerns and offer or seek advice on the various aspects of pregnancy.
Our pregnancy yoga classes are gentle in nature, and are perfect whether you are discovering yoga for the first time or expanding on previous experience. These classes are a haven from the fast paced life most of us lead where we encourage you to slow down, connect inward with your growing baby and give yourself the space to fully experience this special and important time.
Pregnancy classes are conducted in monthly cycles, commencing at the beginning of each calendar month. Class numbers are limited and pre-booking and prepayment, at the beginning of each calendar month is required to ensure your place in class. These classes are bookings only, we don’t accept casual attendance.
A typical class consists of:
- A short opening chat where each woman is given the opportunity to share how she is feeling and ask any questions she may have.
- 30 – 40 minutes of asana practice (postures), learning postures that are particularly valuable during pregnancy and that will:
- Strengthen your back and help to eliminate or reduce back / hip pain common during pregnancy
- Strengthen your leg muscles, increase stamina and prepare you mentally and physically for labour & birth
- Bring openness to the chest and shoulders, improving circulation and preparing for breast feeding
- Help to position baby optimally for birth
- Be beneficial during labour & birth
- Pranayama – In our pregnancy yoga classes you will learn specific breathing techniques that bring about a deep sense of calm, inner awareness and focus. This focused breathing will help you move through the physical and emotional resistance that may arise during labour, birth and beyond, helping both you and your baby to remain calm and relaxed throughout your journey.
- A rest period – one of the most favourite parts of the class! Fully supported with bolsters and blankets, it’s now time to rest and allow the benefit of practice to be fully received, leaving you feeling refreshed and re-energised.
All pregnancy yoga classes are 1 hour & 10 minutes long
We encourage you to start your pregnancy yoga classes as early as possible after the onset of the second trimester and continue on a regular basis for as long as you feel comfortable – for most women,this can be right up to the due date.
Regular and consistent practice reaps the most benefit, therefore all our pregnancy students, after attending at least one month of classes, are offered a simple, short practice that they can feel comfortable practicing at home, in addition to their studio classes.
Pregnancy yoga classes are conducted in calendar monthly cycles, with classes pre-booked and prepaid for the month.
Contact Barbara to book your place.